Friday, December 09, 2005

Crazy Week

Well, in the classroom, this week has been absolutely crazy. As the end of the school year nears, and the grade 6's prepare for graduation, there seems to be more times than not that they are pulled out of the classroom practicing something or getting something ready for graduation. Most of the time I am just with the grade 5's, who seem to realize, just as well, that Summer is right around the corner. This week portfolios had to be finished for each student, which meant that many planned lessons needed to be set aside in order to complete them. Today, finally I was able to do some maths activities, only for about 15 minutes with the grade sixes, but then a little longer with the fives.

The grade sixes were out all day Tuesday with Orientation at their high schools (high school here starts at grade 7). That day I thought I would have the grade fives all day and had lessons ready to go, but then the other grade five teachers decided they should have a fun day since the grade sixes aren't there, so really I only had grade fives in the morning and then they watched a movie and played games all afternoon. Lucky kids.

Monday night my family took me to China town. It was pretty cool, and the food was delicious. After dinner we walked to Myer, which is a department store like Marshall Field's and we looked at the Christmas Windows. They were pretty cool and I will soon have pictures up for them.

Really everyday this week I just had to be ready for anything. I might need to teach, I might not depending on what the other teachers wanted to do, but it all worked out alright. This weekend, or really this evening, I am off to Sydney. We only have two days there so we are going to squeeze in as much as we can. But then, after that, only one week to go! Look for pictures from Chinatown and Sydeny next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home